Monday, June 1, 2009

Le Toux Gives Up Red Shoe

I’m not so bold as my blogging colleague to offer up my “favorite” player, but observant eyes will notice that “Le Hawk” is rising to the top of my attentions. He’s the only player whom I’ve christened with a nickname after all. And there is a lot to like about him: the fact that he was the first player signed to the MLS Sounders, his thick French accent, that he runs like hell and misses French bakeries.

That was all good enough, but after seeing Le Hawk take off his red boot and offer it up to a kid in the stands after last Saturday’s match, I’m now officially gushing.



Should you momentarily guffaw at the idea of him missing French bakeries (which you can reference here), you might be won over by the following information about Le Hawk’s international aspirations. Speaking about playing for the French National Team, he said:

"I would like to play for the U.S.," said Le Toux, who remains a French citizen. "I would want to play for the country that gave me a chance, and I really love it here. It would be an honor if I received the opportunity to play for them."

Class, baby. That’s class.

No comments: