Sunday, May 10, 2009

Galaxy Post-Game

"Disappointed in the Refereeing”

Said Sigi. Said many thousands of fans. But my throat is hoarse, and I can say it no more. (Sorry to the preteens sitting in the row in front of me). Besides this picture speaks louder than my words.


Beautiful Day, Beautiful Fans

Oh to not be layered! Noon felt a little early. But the afternoon sun was a treat, and the 28,000+ fans were amazing as usual.

About Passion and Control

The Sounders had passion. The referee had no control. One fed the other until the yellow shirt started flashing cards like my mother playing poker. I was proud to see the Sounders keeping each others backs like a team should. I was especially warm and fuzzy to see Freddie Ljungberg waving his finger in the face of the referees and getting right into the mix during the James Riley situation. Passion and physicality... I’ve said it before. It’s what I like to see out there.

Man of the Match?

The man of the match is the opposing goalkeeper?! The one who kicked the ball out of play in the 88th minute and flopped on to the ground the burn the clock? Weak. Totally weak.

The Shirts Come Off

Thank you! Are you guys reading this? Or are we just putting out the right vibe? Either way, keep those shirts coming off. As it should be!

No comments: