Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ljungberg Scores!

There was one thing I wanted from Saturday’s match at Toronto FC. Besides a win of course. And that was for Freddie Ljungberg to score (or “Fredrik”, as the FSC anchors reported he now wants to be called).

Despite waiting all week to watch the match on TV, I committed a rookie error of getting the start time wrong. So when I finally got myself in front of the TV at about the 35th minute, I had already missed the moment I had been waiting for. But I didn’t care. It had happened and that was all that mattered. Ljungberg scored? Ljungberg scored! Hell yes!!

We needed it. He needed it. With one Fredy out, the other steps up. Go Sounders!

2 comments:

beckstaspage said...

While I was also waiting for him to score, I was hoping he might do a victory lap and show a little skin as well- maybe at next week's home game....

Pedro said...

Skål Freddie!