Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Pictorial Welcome Back to the Pitch For Our Man Kasey Keller

Today is the day that Kasey Keller steps back into the net for Sounders FC. And that makes me feel kinda like this (and it's also inspired my attire for this evening's match):


After all, when I join 28,000 of my Sounders brothers and sisters at Xbox Pitch tonight, I’ll know that the man in the black and gray is back in charge of the boys in green:

And if it comes down to it, we can count on him for some of this:


But as Sigi Schmid said this week, a good goalkeeper is about presence as much as anything. So good luck stepping up to this, Earthquakes. He's going to squeeze your little heads:



I'm betting we'll be throwing our arms in the air in victory by match end:



And thanking Kasey for his top-notch skills, and also for the compliment he gave us in the NY Time’s Goal blog when he pointed out that the Sounders “play before an educated crowd. You won’t hear any big cheers when I kick the ball far!”

Yikes. If that’s true, Kasey, I am deeply sorry. Maybe that was back in these days when the girls with their tight-rolled jeans screamed, “Wow! He kicked the ball far!”


Kasey is the man.

PS - Expect to continue to see me find tangential ways to post pictures of Kasey with a mullet until the end of time.

No comments: